Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Site Semi-Closing

The time has come.  ComNavOps has accomplished every objective for the blog and the site will now be relegated to semi-inactive status meaning that regular postings will cease although occasional posts may be offered from time to time if circumstances and subject matter warrant. 
 
I will leave the site up as a reference source since it is the single greatest collection of US naval wisdom on the Internet.
 
Comments will be allowed but will be moderated to preclude spam and worthless comments.  Comment responses may or may not occur.
 
It has been a fantastic several years and, hopefully, the many readers over the years have found it to be as educational and enjoyable as it has been for me to write.  Thank you to all !
 
Make use of the archives and carry on!
 
ComNavOps … departing!

29 comments:

  1. Well shoot, but thank you for your body of work. I hope in some way the clarion call of this site to the shameful mismanagement and missed opportunities engendered by Naval leadership has in some way echoed up the chain and will promote recovery. We are a sea-fairing Nation, needing a dominant Navy.
    Cheers, good Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to see you go. Best wishes, fair winds and following seas!

    GAB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really enjoyed your efforts. Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never expected it to end, but all good things do... or so the cliche says. Thanks for all the effort and work you've done, and all the thinking you provoked. The archives will definitely continue to be good source material. I've only been around for 6-ish years, but the blog has become a part of my everyday, and it'll be missed!
    Good luck in any future endeavors, CNO, and I look forward to any future posts that may appear!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting great discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I can still continue to educate myself by perusing the archives...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shut down G2mil in Feb. probably for similar reasons. The Pentagon has become so corrupt along with the promotion process that no one in charge is interested in improving or fixing things. It doesn't matter what is exposed or recommended by true experts here, profits are the priority as our military falls apart. Thanks for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes sir, to echo the comments above, I am sad that you are moving on but am grateful for all the hard work that you put into this place over these many years.

    My knowledge of naval matters has increased tremendously over the years and just as importantly, the insights you have provided and the "ways of thinking" that you have advocated have been very helpful and applicable to other areas of military and general life.

    As someone else said, this had become part of my daily routine and I will miss it.

    Thank you again and all the very best for whatever you are planning on doing next. If you need our support in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sorry to the end and will miss the near lone voice common sense you expressed, so much misinformation on the net, and appreciated all the hard work it took to achieve it, thanks.
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a shame, I enjoyed your posts.
    So long, and thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outstanding work!! Thank you and best wishes for calm seas and smooth sailing !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to see the site retiring. Always enjoyed the posts. Thanks for all the years that you put into the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, damn. Hopefully you restart, at least a little, sometime in the future. Will miss the reporting and conversation. Thanks for leaving the data and articles up, they are top-notch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fair Winds and Following Seas

    ReplyDelete
  15. I only agreed with you about half the time but that's the point of having open discourse. Thanks for hosting a place to share information and some dialogue. We need more sites like yours. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Even though I work for a foreign navy, I’ve always enjoyed the posts. Great work. !Anclas echadas, fin de bitacora!

    ReplyDelete
  17. CNO, mange tusen takk for a spectacular blog.
    This is one of a handful of things that changed the way I view the world.
    I hope that you enjoy riding off into the sunset, but would be pleased if you don't ride too far away.
    And thanks for keeping the site open, it is not hyperbole when you say that it is the greatest accumulation of naval wisdom on the internet.
    You will be missed,
    The best in everything for you,.

    Lutefisk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for all the work you've done, it's been a pleasure and good luck on your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anyone got suggestions for similar sites going forward?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Royal Navy version is called "Navy Lookout"

      Delete
    2. CDR Sal is good... and has a pretty good crowd of knowledgeable/experienced naval issues in the comments. Don't agree with all his thoughts but, great place for discussions!!

      Delete
    3. Sometimes the comments get a little wonky, but the USNI site is pretty good. The War Zone and Real Clear Defense are good sites, too.

      Delete
  20. Thanks for running the best military navy site in the USA! You will be missed, I hope you will keep posting a little so we can all get our fix of CNO.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for educating your readers. I cannot say I agreed with you always, but you nonetheless taught me much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. All the best. I have much enjoyed many years of reading your highly opinionated and always interesting columns and analysis. Thank you much.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for the years and years of quality content. Ben Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  24. We had some great discussions here. Ironically, I am now an instructor for the Army, teaching young soldiers technical knowledge I learned in the Navy.

    MM-13B

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be moderated in order to reduce spam.